Saturday, February 14, 2015

Using Cricut Shapes to Card Your Yard


If you think the Cricut cartridges are just for making cards and scrapbook layouts, think again! This wonderful post by CTMH inspired my kids to do something similar with our CTMH Cricut cartridges. In addition to being Valentine’s Day, today is also my hubby’s birthday. My kiddos wanted to make him a very special card by “carding the yard.” LOL.






The kids did almost everything on their own, including cutting the images, coloring some the shapes, adding the popsicle sticks to the back, and putting them in the grass. They used the Art Philosophy cartridge for the letters and the hearts and the Artiste cartridge for the Valentine’s and Birthday sentiments that they adhered to some of the hearts.

My hubby was certainly surprised this morning and the kids were so excited to create this special message for him.

I hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day (and birthday if it’s your special day too!)

6 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!
    I pinned it about 7 or 8 times... <3
    L.r. Smith from fb!!!
    Thanks for the awesome inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so funny L.r. I'm glad you enjoyed our little gift to my hubby. *Ü*

      Delete
  2. How beautiful!!! What a great gift

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift....and a wonderful dad to inspire that....and a wonderful mom to let the kids make the gift. And, naturally, what wonderful kids. Blessing

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so so cute! You are an awesome mom and a fabulous wife..

    ReplyDelete