Friday, December 13, 2013

Washi Tape Christmas Card


I had fun making this quick and simple Christmas card using some of Close to my Heart’s new Washi Tape in a non-traditional color and pattern. I LOVE the pink polka dot Washi Tape and wanted to figure out a way to use it on a Christmas card. I covered the top of a piece of 4" x 5.25" White Daisy Cardstock with (3) strips of the pink polka dot Washi Tape from the Party Pack. (It almost looks like patterned paper.) Then I matted it to some Cocoa Cardstock and wrapped a piece of Cocoa grosgrain ribbon around the seam in the middle. I matted that piece to a card base that I made from a piece of 4.25" x 11" White Daisy cardstock.

I stamped the tree from the Always Grateful stamp set in Cotton Candy ink and then added some Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel to give it some sparkle, although it’s hard to see in the photo. I adhered it to the card with 3-D Foam Tape. I finished it off with a sentiment from the Yuletide Greetings stamp set. I will probably add a piece of the Washi Tape to the outside of the envelope as well.

I love using non-traditional colors and patterns on my cards (and it’s even better when it’s pink polka dots.) *Ü*

8 comments:

  1. Very sweet....love a pink Christmas card with polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love this card - I'm sure I wouldn't have thought of making a design paper from the washi tape! You are SO creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This beautiful! I love finding different ways to use washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card! Great use of the Washi Tape and the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the combination of the pink and brown.

    ReplyDelete