Monday, December 2, 2013

"Ho Ho Ho" Christmas Shadow Box


I have seen so many fun shadow box projects lately that I just had to try my hand at making one. I bought an 8" x 8" shadow box at Michaels. I think the box was regularly $9.99 and was on sale at 40% off. (Gotta love when things are on sale.) But even if it was full price, you could always us a coupon. I also bought two packs of mini ornaments (also on sale.) I have also seen some cute ones made with bells instead of ornaments. The amazing Melissa Lavery even made one using curled up paper that you can see here! Just make sure that whatever you choose to put inside of your shadow box, is small enough to fit.


Then I cut a piece of Close to my Heart Sparkle & Shine paper to 8" x 8" to fit inside. I put everything together and then measured the area that was not covered by the ornaments to figure out what size to cut my sentiment which ended up being 4". I used the Artiste Cricut cartridge to cut the fun “Ho Ho Ho” sentiment out of black vinyl. (Super fun and easy to do!)

I adhered the cut vinyl to the front of the glass and voila—a quick, easy, inexpensive Christmas gift was checked off of my list! I may add some ribbon around the frame with a big bow on top and attach a matching gift tag before I give it to the recipient.

8 comments:

  1. I love your shadow box project! I have pinned ideas similar to this on Pinterest lately. I think I'm going to try this. Thanks for the inspiration and the sizes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project. Thanks for sharing the directions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Did you glue the ornaments in place or are they free moving? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this project. I've been scrapbooking for about -1/2 years and spreading out to other crafts for about 1 plus years.....!!! I am also a Christian and use my paper crafts to the best of my abilities to Honor God and show His love to others thru this gift. Thank you for sharing! I've been Blessed because of it and will pass along this blessing to others. Jackie in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet message Jackie. I am so glad that you are using your creative talent to bless other. I am honored that enjoyed my project. Blessings. *Ü*

      Delete