Monday, November 4, 2013

Washi Tape Anniversary Card


My husband and I are celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary today! I never thought I could love him more than the day I married him, but I do! Every day I love him more and more. *Ü* Of course I couldn’t let this special day go by without giving him a handmade anniversary card. I used the fun technique shown in the video below to make his card.

Because of the shimmer/shine on the silver Washi Tape, it’s hard to see the pattern in the photo below.


I brought the card shape from Close to my Heart’s Artiste Cricut cartridge into Cricut Craft Room and then added the word “Love” also from the Artiste Cartridge and welded them together. I cut the shape at 5" from a piece of Cranberry cardstock. Then I used CTMH’s silver Washi Tape behind the cutout as shown in the video. I added a Bitty Sparkle inside the heart and stamped the sentiment from the November Stamp of the Month called Illuminate. To finish off the simple card, I added one more piece of Washi Tape on the inside at the bottom.


I stamped the envelope with a cute sentiment from the upcoming December Stamp of the Month called Special Care. (This set will be available to order on December 1st.)

Watch the video below to learn how to make your own Wacky Washi Tape card.


 Have a great day!!! (I know I will.) ;)

3 comments: