Thursday, November 14, 2013

Handcrafted Holidays Blog Hop - Gift Wrapping Ideas

I am excited to be participating in another “Simply Inspired Blog Hop.”  This month our theme is Handcrafted Holidays. If you arrived here from the wonderful Karen Pedersen’s blog, then you are on the right path. Welcome!


I thought about making a handcrafted gift item to share with you, but since I always seem to struggle with how to wrap them in a simple, cute way, I thought I’d share some fun ways to wrap those holiday gifts using craft supplies that you probably already have on hand. Handcrafted wrapping goes hand-in-hand with your handcrafted gifts. (Plus they look really cute under the tree!)


My first wrapping idea is to use either kraft wrapping paper or paper bags (you know that big stack from the grocery store that’s piling up in your pantry) to wrap your gifts. The paper looks great when you stamp on it with Close to my Heart’s White Daisy pigment ink. The best thing is that kraft paper/bags soak up the ink nicely so it dries without having to heat set it. (A little tip for cleaning your stamps when using pigment ink is to use CTMH’s stamp scrubber. I don’t know if this is recommended, but Bath & Body Works Foam Hand Soap used with the scrubber always gets the pigment ink off my stamps really well.) I used the snowflakes from the Frosted Scrapbooking and Cardmaking Workshop on the Go kits for these gifts. You can even stamp on the tissue paper with a coordinating color if you like. Just make sure to put some scrap paper down first before you stamp on the tissue.



Using ribbon from your papercrafting stash is always a nice touch. I used CTMH’s Ruby Chevron Ribbon on my gifts. If you have any left over Dimensional Elements, go ahead and add them to your packages as gift tags. I happened to have some left over DEs from the Sparkle & Shine Compliments pack that I used on these packages. Super quick and easy!


Another idea is to personalize your gifts with the recipient’s name. On these gifts I used my CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge to cut Hannah’s name by using Cricut Craft Room to weld the letters together. Who doesn’t love seeing their name on a gift under the tree?

Run out of wrapping paper? No worries. Head for your scrapbooking paper stash and wrap those smaller gifts in cute patterned paper like I did here. I used the Sparkle & Shine papers for these gifts.



Use a little left over ribbon and Baker’s Twine to dress up your packages. To make the ribbon rosettes, simply stitch some thread through the bottom of a piece of ribbon using a running stitch and them pull the end to gather the ribbon. Hot glue it to a cardstock circle by starting the in middle and wrapping it around. Tuck the end behind the circle and adhere it to your package. Add some small bling to finish it off.


One last idea if you don’t have a box or bag on hand for your gift, is to use your Cricut cartridges to create some fun packaging of your own. These two gift packages were created using CTMH’s Artiste Cartridge.

The gift “cracker” box was cut at 9" and decorated with a pinwheel cut at 1" also from the Artiste cartridge. The monogram letter was stamped in Ruby ink and added to the center. The ends were tied with some Seam Binding Ribbon.


The Santa bag was cut on a 12" x 12" piece of Ruby cardstock by selecting “Fit to Page.” The black bow was cut at 3/4". The white cardstock strip is 3-3/8" x 5/8"and the black cardstock strip is 7/16" x 3-1/2". The “belt buckle” is cut from a piece of Slate cardstock at 3/4" using the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge. This would be a great way to wrap a small item such as candy, jewelry or even a gift card.
 

I hope you were inspired to wrap your gifts in a new way this year. Your handcrafted gifts deserve handcrafted wrapping! *Ü*

Thanks for stopping by! Now head on over to Krista Hershberger’s blog to see her fun creation! Be sure to visit all of the blogs so you won’t miss any of the super fun and create ideas!

If you get lost along the way, feel free to click here or see the list of everyone’s blog below:
Dana Kessler
Sheri Rottler
Bren Yule
Debbi Fournier
Brenda Rose
Melissa Laverty
Carolyn Johnson
Lynn Como
Karen Pedersen
Lisa Stenz (you are here) *Ü*
Krista Hershberger
Michelle Snyder
Diana Veenendaal
Blythe Shupe
Pamela O’Conner
Rebecca Cross

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful wraps! I especailly like the white snowflakes on the Kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous projects! I am so inspired by your idea to put the person's name on the gift! That's such a great idea I'm hoping to use lots this year! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these, Lisa! Thanks as always for sharing your creativity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Lisa! Makes me want to go shopping so I can wrap something! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You knocked my socks off! Such GREAT ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love LOVE!!! Thanks for sharing your amazing projects! I loved the many pictures, and instructions you gave to help us see all the details!!! I know I will be using these ideas as I wrap my gifts this Christmas season!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful packaging, and each set so different. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it all, Lisa! I'm actually in the mood to wrap presents! I'll just have to go buy some first ;-). Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love Lisa! I hope I get a pretty present wrapped from you! If not, I will wrap mine for others like you did! Those are amazing !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the classy look without so much fuss! Great way to do your wrapping. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your packaging ideas, so beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely bag..love how you wrapped this up! I'm doing hand printed fabric wrapping this year, hopefully it works out!

    ReplyDelete