Wednesday, May 29, 2013

CTMH is not just for Scrappers and Cardmakers...


If you thought Close to my Heart products where just for scrapbookers and cardmakers, think again! My 9 year old son was thrilled to have access to my Cricut machine, my Art Philosophy and Artiste Cricut cartridges, and the papers and embellishments in the Later Sk8r Collection for his 3rd grade Hobby Board assignment.

As you can tell, my son is very “into” computers and any type of technology. (It sure comes in handy when our computers, phones, or other electronics stop working. I love having our own personal IT guy in the house! He really knows how to troubleshoot and can fix anything!)


He used the Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the title out of Outdoor Denim, Lagoon, and White Daisy cardstock and then layered the letters with some 3-D Foam tape to give them dimension.

He also added some of the self adhesive, rubber backed Later Sk8r Assortment embellishments on top.


He used the Later Sk8r My Stickease around some of the photos.


I think his favorite thing was cutting the gear shapes using the Artiste Cricut cartridge and stamping the coordinating stamps from the In Gear set on top.


So there you have it. CTMH products can be used by everyone, even a 9 year old boy! (By the way, he got an A on his project! Yes, I am one proud Mama!)

Click on the icon below to shop for Close to my Heart products so you can create your own masterpiece.

13 comments:

  1. Love it! I have a 9 year old also and he uses my stash for his projects too, This turned out so nice.Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project!! I love the background of the tri-fold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! He definately has his momma's talent! My 15 year old also gets into my stash for school projects, AND I just use some for my college project!

    Tammy Pinchard, CTMH Consultant

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome display! We've used CTMH for many a school and 4-H project. I'm really impressed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great Lisa--thanks for sharing! Will have to show this to Josh--I keep telling him a Cricut would be great for the kids too!! Hopefully someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! And how fortunate for you to have your own IT guy in the house. I imagine a bright future for your son!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool! Can't wait until my boy is at the right age for this. He's already helping me punch out circles and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We dig in my "stash" for projects all the time!! It's the only time my hubby is happy about my obsession :)
    We just made an atom from DE rings and opaques ;)
    great project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cool science project that he made! Very good work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your son did an awesome job on his project! GOOD JOB!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic - kudos to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This makes me giggle! Every year when one of my kids had Science Fair time it was inevitable that their teacher would comment, "You have the best display board here!" I loved that. Since we are not the most genius family at science, I was glad our display was still impressive. lol.

    ReplyDelete